Sunday, June 7, 2009

Too Much

So Saturday I spent 9 hours playing Too Human until I beat the game. I really enjoyed the tone the game was trying to set with the Norse mythology, but super futuristic stylings of the setting. Mainly playing the game strait through as a band-aid cover up, or just doing it as quickly as possible so it doesn't hurt so much to continue.

My main annoyance of this game was the camera, really all you could do to adjust this was to press a button so you could see what was directly in front of you. Most games allow you to use the right analog stick to change your view and let you take the reigns, and this is perfect. Not in the case of Too Human, the right analog stick is the button you use for your attacking. There are always tons of enemies on the screen and really all you need to do is hold the right analog stick in the direction of the enemy you want to attack and your character will 'slide' mostly where you are aiming. To add a little variety there are aerial juggling attacks once you knock an enemy into the air, but both of these melee attacks are awful boring after the first hour.

There's so much I want to say about Silicon Knight's mess of a game, but I feel my writing skills are a little to inept at the moment to portray my complaints properly without yammering on about nothing. Being a huge fan of their Legacy of Kain series, I just feel a little bit let down by their efforts. Mainly because they worked on this game forever and even tried throwing Epic under the bus saying crap about the Unreal Engine 3.

Being a planned trilogy I am hoping Too Human's sequels change the camera and battle system completely. I know I'm not the only one that has complained about these issues since it's release in August 2008.

4 comments:

  1. There will be no sequels so says ODIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Per an article I've read, I believe you are correct says Microsoft. Sales were poor... imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writings bro, will there be any more?

    ReplyDelete