Saturday, November 21, 2009

Damn!

I have a lot of different games I'm working on at this point, it's difficult to work on so many great games at one time. Currently I am working on Dragon Age : Origins, Borderlands, and Modern Warfare 2.

While having so many games to play at once, it is also difficult to beat a game you've lost touch with or are lost in the story if I haven't played for a while. It's not just that, but I'm also working on games that I will only play in co-op. These games include Resident Evil 5, Saints Row 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. When your co-op buddy is never available to play any of these games it is even more difficult.

Also being difficult, there are games in my library that I've been wanting to play for a long time. These include Bioshock, Farcry 2, Prey, Prototype, Battlefield : Bad Company, Bionic Commando, Dark Sector, and Little Big Planet. Some of those games have been sitting on my shelf for almost a year and I still haven't even put more than 45 minutes into most of them. One thing that may make this easier is having my current roommate ;) He is playing a lot of games on my systems, while this can and will take play time away from me, it will also create a better gamer to play co-op with if any of those games support split screen. Looking forward to those Matt!

Next year is going to make this very difficult with a plethura of amazing games being released. Two off the top of my head are Mass Effect 2 and God of War 3. That's not even counting the countless games that were pushed back for spring release of 2010!

To all my gamer buddies, good luck next year! It's going to be an expensive, time consuming one.

5 comments:

  1. What can I say...I like doing the things the 'cool' kids are doing too, and don't wanna be left out.
    Love ya Jarrod and thanks for getting me back into the gaming worldl, even if it does take away from my comics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't play a lot of games cause I'm super busy, but keep blogging so whn I go buy a game I don't get a shorty one. Modern Warfare 2 was sick and had some storyline surprises, but I thought it was a bit short. I guess they didn't think they had to make it lengthy since a lot of people play online and they added the Special Ops levels, which are fun, but not very long. Infinityward caught a bunch of shit for the airport scene and slitting the throat of the soldier/guard on the last level. I thought the airport scene was a bit much and unessential to the game. It's nothing new to games since GTA, eh? I didn't care about the guy getting his throat slit and the "life" fading out of his eyes. Yup. Keep blogging Jared -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely understand wanting to purchase games that are much longer than Modern Warfare 2. I found this game to be about the same length as the first one, which is acceptable for most FPS games. While there are much longer games in the FPS category, I would recommend something different if you're looking for long-time playability. If you're into something such as an RPG, I would recommend Dragon Age Origins. I'm already about 20 hours into this game and I haven't even cracked the surface!

    Also, I do understand the concern about the airport scene in MW2. This type of thing will shock the masses for sure, I'm just glad that Infinity Ward didn't throw it in just so it was there, but they added a plot element that made sense to the story as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you have Prince of Persia to get to as well? I suggest control and Discipline. Don't buy new games till you beat the ones you already have. For me that is Lego Batman and then Red Alert 3.

    Could be worse... there could be nothing but shit games out there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I still have Prince of Persia to get to. I doubt I will do the downloadable content since the game seems to be pretty damn repetitive at this point. Self control ;) LOL is the first thing that comes to mind about that! In it's own kind of way it's like you collecting comic books. Dig through the back issues and buy a crap load of them, then stuff them in a box (or shelf) and remember them some day down the road.

    ReplyDelete