Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quality difficulties

So, I recently picked up a game that wasn't Uncharted 2. For those of you that have actually played the game, you can understand this issue. I popped Dragon Age: Origins into my PS3 after playing well over 20 hours of Uncharted 2 and I can definitely notice the production value of Naughty Dog's finest game to date. Yes, both games are completely different but when you go from playing through a movie; back to playing a game it can be kinda weird. I found myself taking a couple of hours of the gameplay trying to forget about the amazing textures and water effects to decent textures and water not reacting when you walk through it =P
Though now I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins for about six hours now, I'm growing to like the game quite a bit. So far the characters have a lot of personality, this is something very important to me because I like to find some type of connection to a character. The battle system (to me anyway) seems to be pretty fresh for a console RPG, but honestly I haven't been playing too many RPGs for a while.
Something I find very nice about buying this game early is the fact that they are including downloadable content for people that actually go out and buy the game brand new, I believe this offer expires in April some time. But for the people that sit and wait for that very first copy of the game in the used section to save five bucks are losing out on over $15 in DLC. If these companies keep doing offers like this, I'll start buying more new games.... I like free stuff!!!

1 comment:

  1. Free stuff is always good. I will see this game played within the next few days and give my opinion.

    ReplyDelete