Monday, May 4, 2009

Back when "Rad" used to be cool to say

So this is another NES game I played this last weekend called Rad Racer. One of the things I find most interesting about this racing game is the fact that SquareSoft (now Square Enix) is the developer. They made an attempt at "3-D" in this game, when you push select, the screen starts flashing in blue and red. I remember using the supposed 3-D glasses that came with the game when it first came out, and it was horrible; so I tried to see if it was my young eyes ... it wasn't. This is the first game I can remember where you could actually select the music you wanted to listen to; I think there were three various songs you could select from. A few years later Square released Rad Racer II.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. But that TV looks badass. Not sure which is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly the TV is a 50 some inch DLP TV I believe. Yes it's HD but the screen has a few stretched spots and a cracked screen. Not my TV ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rad isn't cool to say anymore? Shit..... I guess I'm not rad anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is phat! It's totally far out. Hahaha! I miss that game.

    ReplyDelete