Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Helghan?

Yes, Helghan... the creative name for a planet of which the Helghast live in the world of Killzone 2 for the Playstation 3. I'll be the first one to admit I'm not the best at playing video games, but certain gameplay mechanics made this game very difficult for me. If you've read any other reviews of this game you know there is a slight delay when you are trying to aim, which did not annoy me too much since this was an actual feature designed into the game to make the weapons seem heavier for a little more realism. Also to add more detail to the game, the reload times take longer than the average FPS. Killzone 2 is loaded with detail, there were certain chapters of this game I just stayed in one location looking at the details of the ocean crashing on the shore with the lightning crashing down in the background. Playing this game in surround is mesmerizing, there are few games that can engulf you in their world just by fine tuning the sound effects, and Killzone 2 did this for me. I would recommend at least a rental for any PS3 owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment